Flexible Packaging Trends In 2017 That Will Define The Market
In today’s fast-paced world, convenience is an important factor that decides the flexible packaging trends in 2017. The present trend of using flexible plastic pouches is fast taking precedence in the market. More consumers are now opting for pouches as global market demand is expected to boost by 6.2% annually and result in $37.3 billion by next year. Food packaging continue to be the biggest developed market for pouches owing to rising output and overall consumption rates worldwide. Pharmaceutical products and medicines are the next biggest markets.
The new flexible packaging trends are ushering in high-barrier stand-up pouches, specialty films, and laminated foils to market in huge numbers. The new pouches aim to minimize waste, eliminate high costs that attract customers’ attention, and even manage the overall freshness of products on store shelves.
The top flexible packaging trends that dictate flexible plastic pouches include:
- Pouch shapes can be customized for multiple requirements for your pharma products with flexible packaging specifically for liquid, viscous, and granulated products.
- The flexible packaging market will continue its strong presence in various industries with annual growth rate of more than four percent.
- The flexible packaging market will see a strong growth with pouch packaging, less consumption of energy, reduced transportation costs, better environmental impact, and low carbon footprint.
- The new flexible pouches will introduce the ability to be recycled, to be easily opened, made of bio-based polymers, sustainable and even with custom prints.
- This growth will be propelled by increasing consumer and company demands for longer product shelf-lives, reduced weights, convenience, and the like.
- Flexible packaging is still beset with some development issues along with some consumer resistance who are concerned about excess packaging. But new technologies are bringing product safety into light as they are being scrutinized by regulations, brand owner demand, and also severe anti-counterfeit measures.
- In terms of recyclability of flexible packages, they generate far less waste than plastics and glass.
- Consumers are keen to see sustainable packaging in the form of smart flexible pouches, driving innovation in more ways than one.
- Consumers are considering pouches that boast of excellent shelf life, and they can be broken into compost within a period of 90 days. Other materials are hazardous to nature too
- Consumers are changing their purchasing habits based on environmental issues and actively looking for flexible packaging that insist on going green.
Choosing the right flexible packages and pouches is important for your products. Not many companies are offering good customer service and reasonable prices for product packaging. It is important that the vendor needs to have exclusive access to pouch manufacturers in terms of bottles, tubes, closures, and other things. The world is now gearing for more innovative, sustainable solutions in the field of packaging. The environmentally sound ways will sure win the long run as most of them are convenient, efficient and handy too. They are unlike the materials used in rigid packaging and include varied material compositions and shapes. The smart flexible pouches push for better functionality and convenience in different ways. Read more >